Here is a summary of slides presented in late 2017 to Principals, Vice Principals, Business Managers and Marketers.
Data is sourced from the five yearly Census results, the annual ABS school census, My School, ABS Labour Market releases, Digital Finance Analytics and Education Geographics Research.
These slides show
- The characteristics of suburbs where each sector has been gaining or losing enrolments and market share (not always the same thing).
- The national impact of the GFC on longer term enrolment trends for each sector.
- The state wide impact of the decline in manufacturing and mining jobs for each Education sector.
- Longer and shorter term impact on Independent school enrolments across increasing school fee ranges.
- Maps at SA4 Labour Force Region level showing spatial impact of the labour market changes since the GFC.
- The longer term impact of Digital Disruption on working family jobs for Tradies and Clerks, the jobs which pay school fees for one in four Independent school students.
- The impact of longer term trends in tertiary education and marriages for Gen X Catholic mothers.
- What could happen to young highly geared Independent school families when interest rates start to rise.
- Recurrent themes of change for the three sectors.
- How Non-Government schools can take charge of Big Data and think spatially and demographically to minimise risk and maximise opportunities.
Click on link to view: http://www.elaborate.net.au/PDF/2017 Stats Round Up.pdf